Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bye Bye Barnum Black Bean Salad


This salad recipe is from one of my favorite cookbooks. It's the Native Foods Restaurant Cookbook. Native Foods is a restaurant in southern california which offers only vegan food. But there dishes are amazing! I have converted many a meat eater to Native Foods, one never feels like they're missing something with their dishes. The name "Bye Bye Barnum" is a reference to getting rid of Barnum and Bailey's circus for animal rights issues. In particular, the elephants. Probably my most favorite dish is a salad from this book, so I thought I would try another salad on a super hot summer day. This one sounded a bit boring, but trusted the folks at Native Foods. What a good call! This was delicious! I think it was the balsamic vineagerette which made it. With black beans, brown rice, tomatoes, cilantro, lettuce and onion this was also a rather healthy salad. I will definitely make it again!


Johan Scale: 4

No comments: