Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Laxburgare (Salmon Burgers)


Mmmmmm. Another hit from Anna Bergenström! I don't think I've ever had a salmon burger, but this sounded so good! The local market had a great price on salmon, so I gave this a try. They didn't have nice bread for buns, so I took Anna's advice and made my own. They were super simple if you have an hour to let then rise, and really good! I'm glad I made them, it was cheaper that way, too. I first boiled the salmon for abou 8min. I was a little afraid of boiling the fish, it didn't sound very good. But decided to stick with the recipe this time. And I think it tasted great, was fast and easy. I then mashed up the fish with a fork, added an egg, bread crumbs and finely chopped onion. Formed those into patties and sauteed for about 6min. The were so juicy and full of flavor! They were awfully small. I didn' mind so much, as I don't eat that much, but if I were serving them for guests, I would probably make fewer larger burgers. I put the patties on the homemade bread with lettuce, cucumber, red onion and a summer sauce from Fårö (?) made with sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, a ton of dill, salt and pepper. It called for some other thins (scallions, italian salad spices...) but I called it good with this. It was such a yummy sauce, too. I liked these a lot and will definitely make them again. Unfortunately, Johan's still sick so wasn't able to fully appreciate these or judge them on his scale. So I am, with his permission, acting in his behalf to grade these.

Johan Scale: VG

"Kärlek, Oliver och Timjan: mat för välbefinnande" by Anna Bergenström and Fanny Bergenström

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

julie love! these are making my mouth water and i'm not even hungry! haha. they looks so great and that sauce sounds like a perfect compliment! dill and salmon, mmmm. whata crazy baker lady of you to even make your own buns!! KU-DOS!

this is the link to the tuna ones i made on my blog (i found the recipe forever ago on foodnetwork.com):
http://everyplateisapicture.blogspot.com/2007/05/savory-tuna-burgers.html