Thursday, November 6, 2008

Blåbärsgrött (Blueberry Oatmeal)

This was really fun. I found this recipe in a swedish cookbook I have- although you don't really need a recipe. All it is is regular oatmeal, but adding as many blueberries as oats (I used frozen blueberries) and adding a bit of honey to sweeten it. You see mine with milk on the left, Johan's on the right. It was really tastey! It was fun to mix up our usual breakfast a bit. It was quite sweet, I wouldn't make it every morning (and 'cause blueberries aren't cheap!) but it was a fun treat. I added flax seed to mine, because it's healthy, but also because I thought it was a little to gummy. It had the consistency of pudding to me. But with that, it was perfect, and what a fun color!

Hela Sveriges Husman by ICA

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

oh that looks so delicioso julie! yum! my grandma always says that oatmeal is like wallpaper paste, but i LOVE it! it's one of my fave foods actually, silly me. this looks great :) i will try it sometime! do you just puree the berries and add them after or cook it all together?