Friday, November 21, 2008

Böngryta med Tomat och Spenat (Beans with Tomatoes and Spinach)

I found this under the "30 minutes" section of my Swedish Elle Mat & Vin magazine. It sounded pretty good, so I made it last night. I began by sauteing an onion and garlic. Added 1 Tbs ground cummin, then some water and canned tomatoes. I added a can kidney beans, a can cannellini beans and some hericots verts. Boiled all that for 5 min, added some fresh spinach and boiled for 5 more, then it was complete. I went to my Swedish class, and 2 1/2 hours later we ate it with some fresh bread I bought. It was surprisingly good! For how healthy and quick it was, we were really pleased (as evident by the grade). I added more water than it called for to make it a little more like soup. But it was hearty, warm and full of flavor. A success.

Johan Scale: VG-

Elle Mat & Vin, Nov-Jan 2009

No comments: