Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hearty Lentil Soup


This was a new one, I found it on a blog that was recommended by my friend Jessie. And it was really good! A fairly basic lentil soup, but it was different than what we usually eat and with the rice, made a 'hearty' meal! I started with a chopped onion and 2 chopped carrots. I let them soften in some oil. I then added garlic, canned tomatoes, the lentils, some herbs and a little red wine. That boiled for some minutes, I then added a little balsamic vinegar, and viola! Pour that on some rice for a delicious dinner! I have half of it saved in the fridge, can't wait to finish it off! It's extremely healthy, which contributes to it's high grade on the Johan Scale. The only fat is just a little olive oil. And filling with the rice and lentils. It had many dimensions of taste, a perfect fall (okay, I'll finally realize it's winter!) dinner!
Johan Scale: VG-

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

so glad you tried this! you brave little cookie you! i need to check out more recipes on that blog. i just sorta skimmed it, sent it your way and haven't looked into it much, but i will! definitely after reading this :) sounds super easy too! and red wine?...heck yes!