Saturday, November 1, 2008

Clam Chowder in Pumpkin Breadbowl


Yesterday was Halloween. For a while growing up we had this tradition- every halloween my mom would go to the Provo Bakery and pick up some pumpkin breadbowl and we'd have them with clam chowder. I've made the chowder before, so there's nothing really to report on it. But I don't have a Provo Bakery in Uppsala, so I had to make my own. The first problem I had was that once the dough was kneaded, it was near impossible to distribute the food coloring through it. But, that's okay. Then they didn't rise so well, and when they were risen they were super flat. A bunch of people had this problem in the reviews of the recipe, so why I thought it wouldn't happen? I don't know. But the bread was really good anyway and the soup, as always was deliciou! It was really fun to have them for Halloween, seeing as how that's the only Halloween celebration we had. Unfortunately we left the soup out on the counter all night and spoiled a huge pot of left-overs. I even have more pumpkin bowls! I'll have to find some way to blame this one on Johan.
Johan Scale: VG

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

this is EXACTLY what i'm craving right now! i haven't had clam chowder in so so so long and i LOVE it! i swear, you get more and more clever with each day that passes. these are the cutest! YUM, i can almost taste them!