Monday, November 17, 2008

Red Cabbage Pizza with Gorgonzola and Walnuts


Another pizza from the Cheeseboard book! This one was great, as are all the rest. But it was pretty unique, I thought. I was surprised to find red cabbage at the market so thought it must be a sign, I must make this pizza! I made my usual dough (Mario Batali's pizza crust) then layered it with cheese- recipe says Mozzarella, i used Herrgård cheese. Then some caramelized onions, sliced cabbage mixed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a little salt and pepper, more mozzarella then some blue cheese crumbles. My half had chopped walnuts- Johan's allergic. I thought it would be a good idea to try to make calzones for lunch the next day- I was wrong! They tasted just as good, but where such a mess! I didn't have enough dough to stretch over the insides. But the pizza looked and tastes fabulous! On the health scale this might not rank so high, but my belly was more than satisfied!

Johan Scale: VG

"The Cheese Board Collective Works" by the Cheese Board Collective

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

sounds so so good! love the combo...and the walnuts...MY GOODNESS. yum! i am adding this cookbook to my amazon wishlist...now.