Monday, November 24, 2008

krämig (creamy) Daal

Mmmmm. I loved this one! For so many reasons! I found this winner in my ICA Buffé, distributed by the local market. It's and indian dish. I've never made any indian food, but love the taste! I think this is probably a very simplified version of anything traditional from India, but who knows. So I made this by sauteing an onion and a little garlic in oil, with some ground koriander and cummin. I then added some red lentils, water, a buljong cube and a can of coconut milk (the star of the dish!). That simmered for 10min, I then added some diced tomatoes and fresh spinach and let that simmer another 5 min, and done. I sprinkled some fresh cilantro on top and served it with some yogurt and store bought naan. Although the yogurt was good, I don't think it was necessary, next time I'll skip it. And I like the naan, but maybe cheaper with some rice. That I'll try next time. It was so delicious and pretty healthy, I used light coconut milk. Best of all, it was super fast. It probably took about 20min from start to finish. Wonderful on those days I just don't want to be cooped up in the kitchen. It made plenty for Johan and me, en riktig succé!

Johan Scale: VG

ICA Buffé 11, 2008

note: I noticed the Buffé recipes are online through www.ICA.se as well, so I will like to the online recipes.

No comments: