Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Butternutsquash Bisque

Here it is, the use of my second butternut squash. This recipe I got from my friend Erin. It started with sauteing an onion, leek and carrot, then adding the baked squash. Adding vegetable stock, an apple, bay leaf and a touch of sugar, as opposed to the last recipe which was pretty much onion and squash. I was hesitant to use this one because of all the ingredients, I didn't want them to be overpowering. But, that they weren't! This did take a while to make, but the time was worth it! It was so full of flavor and nice and think, as I think a bisque to be. To serve, we poured the soup over bits of soft brie and sprinkled a few chives on top. The brie melted in the soft soup (as shown in photo) and was such a smart combination of flavors! I really liked the cheese in there. This soup was wonderful, a definite regular in my book, as long as I can find the squash!

Johan Scale: VG-

Recipe from Erin

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

ahh i'm so torn now! which one should i try?? this sounds great! but i really liked the sound of the one in native foods...i'll have to pick your brain :) the brie sounds amazing in the soup! yum! look at you getting all clever on us... ;)