Monday, October 13, 2008

Rocket Burgers


I love these burgers! Well, they're more like sandwiches. The recipe is from my never failing Native Foods book. Instead of patties, the recipe calls for portabello mushrooms, sauteed in some olive oil. I love portabellos! I use these buns usually. I'm not a huge fan of the bread hamburger buns are usually made of, these buns are much better. But, i don't know what they are. In swedish- småfranska which literally translated means little french. So whatever, they're good! Then I add some arugula (or spinach depending on who gets their way between Johan and me) and some Yugoslavian Ivar (Ayvar?). This is the secret. I begin with 2 red peppers and 1 yellow, and one eggplant. I roast all, take away the skins and seeds from the pepper. Then dice them really small and mix with some vinegar and other stuff. Then I usually puree 1/2 of it to make a smoother consistency. It has such an amazing flavor! I will make it just to dip a baguette in, too. The recipe calls for mayonnaise, but I think it's unnecessary, so never add it. Once the Ivar is made, the recipe is super simple and quick. One of my favorites from the book!

Johan Scale: G+

"The Native Foods Restaurant Cookbook" by Tanya Petrovna

No comments: