Monday, October 27, 2008

Risotto

This is one of the first recipes I've tried from my Swedish food magazine. And, it's just plane ol' risottos, but I really liked it! I began by sauteeing a yellow onion in olive oil, then added arborio rice. Added a vegetable buljong and then slowly added water and white wine over 5 min. Then it simmered for 25 min, then sat for another 15min. Meanwhile, I roasted a zucchini, red pepper and onion in the oven. I added some parmesan cheese to the rice and a little butter and extra wine. I then served the rice, vegetables on top, some toasted sesame seeds and a little extra parmesan. It was pretty simple, but good! The risotto had just a little hint of a crunch but was also very sticky. The wine added a great scent! It was quite simple, didn't take too long and tasted good, I'd say a success! I think Johan liked it a little less, but he did like it. It was fun to try a recipe from the Swedish magazine! Next time I would probably use more vegetables and maybe shrimp- if I can ever find frozen raw shrimp again! It just could have used a little more flavor.

Johan Scale: G+

Elle Mat & Vin 5/08

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

love! erin sent me this issue of elle mat & vin and i was JUST drooling over this recipe last night!! i'm so glad you made it and had success. i've made risotto 2 times, as it is one of fred's faves, and it's time consuming, but worth it! i will try this soon! bravo!