Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pumpkin Lasagna




Thanks to Jessie for recommending this one! It was so fun to make something so different than what I we usually eat. I can think of only one other time that my maing dish had pumpkin as a main ingredient (pumpkin ravioli, also amazing!). I've never made my own pumpkin puree, so that was fun and I am happy to have some left-overs. The lasagna was quite simple. I baked and pureed the pumpkin and mixed in a little salt and dried sage. I mixed some ricotta and parmesan cheeses with some salt and pepper (was there one more thing?). Then I layered the noodles, puree, cheese, over and over then baked the thing for quite some time. It not the most beautiful dinner I've made, but it sure tasted good! It was really soft and creamy and the pasta added a nice balance to that. Overall, a really fun recipe to try!
Johan Scale: VG

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

i'm so happy that you gave this a whirl. fred and i really liked it, but i DO know there are people out there who aren't too big into pumpkin...so if it's not your thing, i could see how this wouldn't be too exciting. i love it...so i thought it was great. the one i tried the other night was tasty too...who would have ever thought...2 pumpkin lasagna recipes in 2 weeks! tis the season...