Thursday, October 30, 2008

White Chocolate Pistachio Brownies



I hesitate posting this one, because I wasn't wowed by this recipe. But at the same time I wasn't disappointed, i ate the whole pan! In fact, it's an extremely rare occasion that I find a brownie I don't care for. But I was just a little excited about these- White chocolate and pistachio brownies. I love pistachios in chocolate bars so thought this was a great idea! But The pistachios had almost no flavor and became quite soft when the brownies were baked. The brownie batter called for butter and olive oil, an odd addition I thought, but I like adding oil because it always makes whatever I'm baking SUPER moist. These were no exception. Super gooey, moist brownies. I will take some of the blame for these, I don't usually use the finest possible chocolate when baking. In fact, I just buy whatever's at the nearest supermarket- I bake too often to be able to afford fancy chocolate! And I (knowingly) used the wrong kind of chocolate. It was not baking chocolate, but regular sweetened chocolate. I reduced the sugar, but the chocolate had such a strong flavor it defintiley would've been better with nice chocolate. The same goes for the white chocolate- I couldn't taste it at all. I may as well have left it out, but maybe if it were nicer quality it would have made a difference. I just wanted to post because the recipe came from my Swedish food magazine, the same one my friend Jessie got!
Elle Mat & Vin, Sept-Nov 2008






1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

i'm so glad you posted this even though you weren't 'wowed' by it, haha. i flipped the corner in the magazine for this one...though i probably won't baje it until next year seeing as my oven is MIA here! anyhoo, all those little goofs sound minor...i bet it was still amazing. wish i was there to share the pan with ya :( poop! snart gumman!!