Monday, October 13, 2008

Greek Bean Casserole

I found this recipe a long time ago and really like it. It came from an ICA Buffé. I begin by mixing some cherry tomatoes (which I smash a little), onion, garlic and some oil in a bowl. I add "big white beans" to a casserole dish, then olives and sliced mushrooms, topped with the tomato mixture. I bake it for a while, then add feta cheese. I love this served with whole grain bulgur. And it has so much nutrition! The recipe calls for okra, I used it once but am not so used to the taste, so jut kind of thought it was odd. I skip it now. And the recipe calls for canned tomatoes. Fresh are much, much better. Johan doesn't like it as much as I do, but hey? I do the cooking, right? So I keep making it on occasion.

Johan Scale: G+
ICA Buffé 4, 2008

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

thata girl! make what you like! fred's not too bog on beans, but this sounds super good...i might sneak them in and see if he notices ;)