Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Quinoa with Mango and Curried Yogurt


I have no idea how I came across this recipe, I can't remember why I found it. But it's off of epicurious.com and it's been in the back of my mind for some time. The recipe kind of suggests it's supposed to be served as a side dish, so I decided to just make it for lunch one day. I boiled some quinoa, mixed yogurt, curry, lime juice, fresh ginger, salt, pepper, and a little oil. This was the sauce, I mixed the quinoa into it. I roasted the red pepper (the recipe calls for a raw one) and topped the quinoa with that, some roasted peanuts, mango and cilantro (the recipe called for mint). The recipe also called for a jalepeño. I chopped it up and it was so super hot I ended up sauteeing it for a while to loose the heat. I intended to serve it with some arugula, but kind of forgot. But it was really good! It had great flavors and a combination of textrures and colors. It didn't made a whole lot, I would probably make 1 1/2 recipe next time. But I was really happy with it and will definitely be making it again.
Johan Scale: G+

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

julie love! this one sounds great. it reminds me of the azteca salad, but mostly because of the quinoa and the mango :) yum! what a great combo. i will for sure keep it in the back of my mind to make sometime. thanks for posting even when you're a super busy student ;)