Thursday, September 11, 2008

Asparagus Soup

Alas! The long awaited Asparagus Soup! I have been planning on making this soup for a while. But the asparagus in the supermarket always looks like crap, so I've been waiting 'til it was available at the stands on the sidewalks- always nicer quality! So yesterday was the day. And although I did a pathetic job at buying the asparagus in Swedish, I left with the correct ingredients. This was a recipe from "The Native Foods Restaurant Cookbook," need I say more? It was a fun idea to save the tops of the asparagus, and then after blended, throw them back in. It was nice to get a bite of fresh asparagus every once in a while. The crutons were delicious! The garlic and parsley added a nice flavor, and the crutons became half way soggy in the soup for a unique soggy crunch! So maybe I'm not the best at describing it, but trust me, it was good. It didn't take to long to make, but wasn't quite enough for left overs- probably 3 total meals. A success, will make it again!

Johan Scale: 4

"The Native Foods Restaurant Cookbook" by Tanya Petrovna

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

ooo julie girl! looks JUST as good as you described ;) i'm so happy you finally found the asparagus at the stands...cuz you're right...it looks like CRAP in the store. i can't wait to get my book and check this one out...though i have yet to see good asparagus here as well :( fab job once again! jessie scale: 5+!