Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lingonsylt (Lingonberry Jam)





Well I've been thinking about making jam. My mom used to make a strawberry-rhubarb jam that was so good! But, I always thought one needed to use pectin and therefore make a huge amount of jam at any time. So, I was super excited to read an article by the blogger, Orangette in Bon Appetit on how to make jam- no pectin needed! The recipe just called for berries, lemon and (lots of) sugar. So, I went to the nearest stand and bought a kilo of lingonberries. And it was a snap! Except that I didn't have the right jars, the jam was so simple and tastes so good! I've had it a little everyday since I made it, last sunday. I might have to break into one that I sealed...
Johan doesn't like lingonberry jam, so his scale does not apply
Bon Appetit June 2008 (Orangette.blogspot.com)

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

ooo sounds so good julie girl! you are quite the canning queen :) that would be so god on toast or over vanilla bean ice cream. mumsig!
bra jobbat!