Friday, September 26, 2008

Tuna Noodle Bowl



I've had a couple of cans of tuna in the cupboard for a long time, so Johan suggested that we use them this evening. All I usually use canned tuna for is tuna sandwiches, so I wasn't so sure what to make. I found this recipe on realsimple.com and to be honest, wasn't feeling so good about it. It calls for bowtie pasta, carrots, peppers, capers, tuna, paremsan cheese with a dressing. It just sounded a little boring, but for some reason I decided to try it and what a success! It was so good! It probably took about 15min max to make and I had all the ingredients except carrots and peppers, so was super inexpensive! This is the second recipe I've made off this site and have loved them both. Things are looking good for this site in my book! Johan loved it, too.
Johan Scale: Super Strong 4.5
Real Simple, April 2000

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

this sounds like a great combo :) fred loves tuna in any sort of pasta dish, so we're constantly throwing it in here and there. friday's lunch was penne with tuna and red sauce...i just mixed a can of tomato sauce, 2 cans tuna, 1 can mushrooms and a good italian seasoning mix from home...topped with a little parmesan, it was delicious! tuna can do wonders ;) and it's 'real simple' too!