Thursday, September 18, 2008

Quinoapanna med Torskfisk (Quinoa with Cod fish)

This is an oldy, but I don't have a photo up here yet. I got this recipe from http://www.ica.se/. I was looking for something with quinoa (because it's so good for you!) and this caught my eye. It calls for fennel, which I don't think I've ever used before. It has a strong anise (or black licorice) flavor which I'm not a fan of. So this time I fried the red pepper and fennel before adding it to the quinoa, instead of boiling it. I think that was a good idea. I bought frozen cod, it's much cheaper. But still tastes great! this recipe is super simple and super healthy! It's just quinoa (cooked in vegetable broth), fish and vegetables. Add a little parsley for color and a touch of flavor and dinner is served! In the photo I have it with bread (didn't add much) and matyogurt or food yogurt? I don't really know what this would be in the US, it's just a super thick yoghurt. That, however, I really liked with it! As Johan says "Great everyday meal!"

Johan Scale: Strong 4

www. ICA.se

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

oooo julie! i'm gonna find this on ICA's site and give it a whirl! that sounds super gott! haha. i will for sure get the right fish this time!!
YUM!

p.s. i'm not a huge fan of fennel either...my grandma says 'it's an acquired taste'...i say 'it's not one i care to acquire' haha.