Friday, September 12, 2008

Manilow's Minestrone

Delicious! Growing up I always thought it was called "Minestone" and never really like it because it was too meaty. But this vegan version from "The Native Foods Restaurant Cookbook" was so good! It made a huge pot, and was chock full of so many vegetables! Peppers, cabbage, zucchini, carrots, tomato and onion plus chickpeas and kidney beans made a very hearty soup. It was super simple and quick. I loved the addition of pasta (I used maccaroni) which really made it a meal. In the soup category, Johan loved it! "Perfect fall dinner" he said. Once again, another success from Native Foods! The best birthday gift I ever asked for!

Johan Scale: 4.5

"The Native Foods Restaurant Cookbook" by

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

ok, so my cookbook needs to get here already! this is such a tease!!

YUM.