Saturday, September 20, 2008

Smördegspaj (Butter dough pie? Lets just say Apple Pie)


Johan, the founder of the Johan scale listed at the bottom of every post, is in charge of bringing a treat to his department on Friday. Which implies that I am making a treat for him to bring. So I am (more than happily) trying a few treats for him to try, and decide what to bring. I thought because it's fall, and the Swedish apples are so good! We should try something with apples. This is a recipe from a book called "Our Cook Book" and is on every shelf, and even in every college corridor room that I've seen! I guess it's a bit like the "Better Homes and Garden" Cookbook for Sweden. It was super simple, the crust was just flour and butter. Then I peeled and sliced the apples, sprinkled on some suger and cinnamon, baked it for a few, and viola, a delicious dessert! It was really, surprisingly good! But, apparently, Johan didn't quite feel the same way- as reflected in his rating on this one. Well, I guess we'll just have to keep on trying!
Johan Scale: 3.5
"Vår Kok Bok"

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

awww hahaha well, by the looks of it, i KNOW i would give it more than a 3.5! more like a 5.5! looks amazing julie...wow...i haven't had apple anything in so long...except, well...apples. this is definitely sending me a message that i need to get busy and back some sort of apple desert...PRONTO! i say, 'bravo!'