Saturday, September 20, 2008

Linguine with spinach, snow peas, zucchini, and gremolata

This is the second time I made this dish. The first time i thought it was "Excellent," this time I thought is was "so-so." I'm not sure what the difference was. The pasta was overcooked, and there was too much of it (in relation to the amount of veggies) but the first time I accidently used cucumber instead of zucchini! Ooops, I wasn't going to tell anyone that embarassing detail. I have so many recipes that do this- it says to fry the zucchini until soft, about 2 min. And I end up frying it for AT LEAST 10 min before just calling it good. It happen with carrots, cabbage, onions, so many vegetables. Do the test-chefs just have some kind of super stove i don't? But, I began with frying the onion and garlic, then adding zucchini and snow peas. I added the overcooked pasta, whole basil leaves, spinach and paremsan cheese. Mix it all together, then serve with the parsley gremolata which consists of lemon zest, capers, parsley and olive oil. I think that's what makes the dish! It is a little plane otherwise. I will make it again, but for some reason, it just didn't wow me tonight.

Johan Scale: 4

Bon Appetit, May 2008

No comments: