Sunday, September 21, 2008

Vegetable Lasagna


I was feeling like making lasagna tonight. And after my recent discovery that Italian lasagna does not contain ricotta cheese, I wasn't sure which kind to make. But I decided I don't care, and made American lasagna. I found this recipe in my "Better Homes and Gardens" cookbook, which I clearly don't use often enough. This turned out excellent! I am so glad that I tried it, it was delicious! I began buy roasting some red peppers, I fried some onion, garlic and mushrooms, then mixed the vegetables. Then I mixed some spinach, parmesan, ricotta and mozzarella cheeses with dried basil and oregano and a couple eggs. Then the layering accured with a tomato sauce. It baked for 30 min and that was it. It had a lot of health value as it had a fair amount of vegetables. The recipe said it made 8-10 servings, but that must be for small children, as it made about 4 for us, not big eaters. But Johan loved it, probably even more than I. He cut the ricotta a break, as he's a strong believer in the Italian lasagna. This will become a regular on my dinner menu!
Johan Scale: Strong 4.5
"Better Homes and Gardens: New Cook Book"

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

ok, well you inspired me! i bought some spinach (green) lasagna noodles a few weeks ago and have yet to use them...mostly because i have not one single pan for the oven...but i will find one...and i will make lasagna! yours sounds super....gotta love good ol' better homes ;)