Thursday, September 4, 2008

Southwestern Mixed Vegetable Soup


Another one from "How to Cook Everything." I did mention this book is a little hit or miss, right? Well this one was little miss. It wasn't bad, it was inexpensive and quick. There exists the possibility that I might make it again. But nothing to rave over. There just wasn't any flavor. It was quite bland. I only add it to the blog to help give credibility to the Johan Scale- to show that not everything gets high ratings! But I finished the meal by pouring some fine olive oil and vinegar on a plate and soaking the baguette (meant to accompany the soup) in it. Not a great sign. Well, better luck tomorrow!

Johan Scale: Strong 3

"How to Cook Everything: Vegetarian" by Mark Bittman page 125

1 comment:

David said...

Julie,
I recommend Bittman's saffron / chickpea / toasted almond soup. (This is particularly good with some fresh sourdough bread.) Like a lot of soups, it's generally better the next day.
My wife is also a huge fan of the Senegalese peanut soup. You need to be fond of cooked greens, though. If you're so inclined, corn bread (with beans) goes great with this.