Friday, September 26, 2008

Sushi!



For some time now, Johan has been wanting to make sushi at home. I have never done this, and I really wasn't feeling making it. But today was the day. I went to the best fish source I have here and bought some salmon and a little tuna. Went and bought the sticky rice, cucumber and avacado and even some miso soup! And what a success! I had no idea how easy it was! we just cut up the fish- I guess it is cut a little nicer at the sushi restaurants, and slapped it one a hunk of sticky rice. I was nervous not using a recipe for the roll, but avocado cucumber and salmon was so good! We added a little too much wasabi to the sashimi, but that was fixable. This was delicious and so much cheaper than going out. So far, neither of us are sick from the raw fish. We'll see how it is tomorrow!
Johan Scale: Strong 5

1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

i am so proud of you my little japanese sushi chef! these look so beautiful...and delicious! i wish i was there. you've inspired me! time to make sushi again :) long overdue! glad it was a success!